A right-thinking, creative frame of mind is all it takes to achieve anything you desire. Being persistent in business will only make it easier to achieve your goals. Business is a domain that is unpredictable, but so is life. That’s why you need to develop your persistence muscle.
We don’t know the end result, but if you have a clear vision of the journey and what it is that you want out of your business then you are pointed in the right direction to achieve that success.
Here are some ways you can develop your persistence ‘muscle’.
• Complete every task, finish everything you start and stop walking away from unfinished projects in your professional and personal life.
• When you come up against an obstacle, don’t focus on IT. Look for creative ways to push on through or around.
• Expect others to quit; while persistence begins and ends with you, be prepared for people around you to quit and to try and persuade you to do the same.
• Use yesterday’s success as fuel for persisting today. But don’t get stuck in them. Instead stay focused on the next success and the one after that.
• Keep busy generating enquiries or making sales or learning something – doing things that drive momentum.
• Never settle, never be satisfied with your triumphs and instead use them as fuel to take you forward to your full potential.
Prospect will say no. Investors will laugh you out of the room. Banks will not even see you. Employees will quit, disappoint you, and even steal from you. Your friends and family will tell you that you are crazy to continue. You may have to go into debt. You’ll be under-paid, overworked, exhausted and you will think that giving up is the solution.
Well it’s not. The Super Successful keep going. They are at their best when outside their comfort zone, pushing themselves and limits to make the impossible possible.
The last thing you want to do is work for the money only. There has got to be more than money that motivates you. The fact is, if you don’t offer your heart, soul and being persistent in business then you’re likely not making the right business moves for growth and expansion.
Remember, if you’re not ready to make business gains and help your customers, then somebody else will by take over that business momentum that you once had and move into your territory! Now there’s food for thought… would you let that happen to your business?
Tell us here, what you have done to demonstrate obsessive persistence
£500 worth of value – FREE!
My team and I are committed to doubling the size of every business we work with and you are obviously going places…
So I would like to offer you a
FREE consultation worth £500 during which we explore where you are now, where you want to get to and how you are going to get there!
Parsnips, Buttered: Bamboozle and Boycott Modern Life, One Email at a Time – Joe Lycett
Using letters, emails, tweets and telegrams I will show you how the things in your life that make you sad, low or anxious can soon appear trivial, insignificant and like a fish. In short, I will butter your parsnips.
Life is hard. We are a bombarded generation: Facebook, billboards, Twitter, Instagram, taxes, newspapers, watches monitoring our sleep, apps that read our pulse, terrorism. There’s such an onslaught to the senses these days it’s a marvel any of us manage to get out of bed. I love bed.
While we are overwhelmed and confused by the miasmic cloud of information, there are those that seek to take advantage: there are parking fines, hate tweets, Nigerian email scams and Christmas newsletters from old school friends about their ugly kids. And just as we’re getting round to doing something about it, we’re distracted again.
I, Joe Lycett, comedian, wordsmith, and professional complainer, am here to help. During my short life of doing largely nothing I’ve discovered solutions to many of life’s problems, which I impart to you, dear Listener. Containing a centurion of complaint letters to unsuspecting celebrities, companies and anyone brave enough to clog up my phone, as well as illustrations, one-liners, jokes and life hacks, this little gem offers you a collection of tips and advice* for all manner of modern woe. By the time you have finished listening to this book you will have learnt how to:
- Reverse a parking fine
- Manipulate the tabloid press
- Navigate social media
- Respond to hate mail
- Out-weird Internet trolls
- Contest a so-called ripe avocado
- Send the perfect Christmas newsletter
- Defeat ISIS
- Take down multinational companies
AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
Joe Lycett x
Click HERE to get your free audiobook