25% growth in sales since August!
I LOVE THAI DELIVERY is all about restaurant quality food, delivered fresh to your home. Located in the thriving City of Brighton on the South Coast the business is the brainchild of entrepreneur Neil Waugh who formally developed Drakes Hotel – a luxury boutique hotel on Brighton Seafront.
I LOVE THAI DELIVERY previous marketing strategy had been to grow and engaged audience on Facebook and target with a 15% mid-week discount offer. Leaflet drop to specific postcodes. Sporadic emails to a small database and some PPC completed the extent of the marketing activity.
There were circa 2,000 previous order tickets with mobile telephone numbers sat gathering dust in a box.
Accordant were retained in early July to build a digital strategy, designed to grow the database with new prospects, increase engagement and frequency of order of existing customers and to get sales from new customers.
What did we do?
Our approach worked on a number of different levels which can be summarised as below:
- All of the mobile numbers from previous orders were data captured and uploaded onto a text broadcast solution.
- In order to build the list we ran a competition for 30 days – ‘Win a Years Free Thai’. Traffic was driven to bespoke landing pages via Facebook ads and pro-active posting
- To be in with a chance of winning entrants had to submit their name, email, telephone number and postcode.
- All data collected was automatically added to a Mail chimp account
- The winner of the draw was broadcast using all channels and all entrants received a discount voucher
- Text alerts are sent every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday with add value and up-sell offers
- Emails are also sent on the same days to the database
- Facebook ads activity such as ‘The Beers are on us during the Rugby World Cup’ are refreshed each month and running in the background, driving traffic to the online ordering pages. Ditto with PPC
- We set up a VOIP telephone system to deal with call flow more efficiently and established calls answered as a daily KPI
- We set up online ordering and drive traffic to those pages using PPC, Facebook ads, email and text alerts
- Online staff rostering has been implemented to ensure that there is sufficient coverage to maximise sales opportunities at peak time
- Dashboards were created to capture daily sales and KPI. A Weekly management call instigated to discuss results and agree key actions
The activity went live on the 1st August 2015 and has been running for 4 months at the time of writing (1st December 2015)
Here are the key statistics:
- Revenues are up 25% YoY
- The average order value has grown from £28 to £30 per order
- Web orders have grown from ZERO to 12% of the total mix with an average value of £37!
- The competition captured over 900 new sign ups in just 3 weeks
- The overall database of customers has doubled
- On average 40% of the database is ordering on a monthly basis
- Lost calls have reduced from a massive 32% in August to 10% in November (still not acceptable!)
Accordant are the guys to watch. I can only see them going from strength to strength. They’re incredibly knowledgeable, pleasant and friendly. What impresses me most about working with them is their professionalism and highly commercial approach. They over deliver, they are pro-active and don’t wait for us to direct them all the time, which is very refreshing.Neil Waugh